Saturday, October 29, 2011

Grimm filming locations in Portland - Season 1 Ep 1


The new Portland-based NBC show "Grimm" premiered last night, with a great response and ratings surprise. Little Red Riding Hood-themed Episode 1 pulled in ~6.5M viewers and was the highest rated non-sports show. We Portlanders may have an above-average interest in the show, but I'm hearing good things all around and I thought it was great - I may be hooked!


I'm getting a lot of traffic from those of you looking for more info on "Grimm" filming locations around Portland. I am not an expert, but I have started to compile a list here:

Episode 1: "Little Red Riding Hood"
Aired 10/28/11
  • Cabin in the Woods - I received some info from a reader regarding the location of this cabin (where Little Red Riding Hood is kept in the basement), at the now-drained Roslyn Lake in Sandy, OR.

"I believe the cabin was originally built for a scene in the movie "Bandits" back when there was still a lake there. Then they just left the building sitting there by the lake, right next to the parking lot. The Grimm crews were all over that lake area prior to the pilot, filming at night. Rumors of future uses of the now-non-lake include larger habitat area for the elephants from the Oregon Zoo. Just rumors, though."

maps.google.com
  • Little Red Riding Hood's house - I received a tip from a reader (OldeSaultie, March 2012) regarding the location of this house:
Robin (Little Red Riding Hood) Howell's house
1710 NW Hoyt St
Portland, OR
http://g.co/maps/49spv 



We did have the Grimm film crew here in the South Waterfront for a couple of days in August. Here's the link to my post with photos from Episode 4On Set of Grimm at OHSU

If you have more specific info on locations, feel free to send me a msg (sowablog @ gmail.com) or comment and I'll include it.

Stay tuned...




7 comments:

  1. The Portland Police Bureau set is not actually at the PPB. I'm not sure which building the set is in, but I'd love to know. It kind of looks like the courthouse, but that's not it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right! I believe it is at the former police precinct in St Johns. http://portlandbahai.org/2011/10/grimm-tv-series-portlant-bahai-center/ :
    "The series is being filmed at the former North Precinct building for the Portland Police in St Johns..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Thanks for posting this. I tried searching last week and didn't find anything.

    BTW, thanks for doing this blog. I just discovered it the other day and wish I had known about it when you started it. It's great to have a place to look to for our neighborhood happenings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nick & Juliette's house is at
    805 NE Prescott St
    Portland, OR

    http://g.co/maps/r5xj7

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robin (Little Red Riding Hood) Howell's house
    1710 NW Hoyt St
    Portland, OR

    http://g.co/maps/49spv

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where's the updates I got pics on set from Season 2 Ep. 1 pt. 2! In the ICU

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you know exactly where the trail in the woods is that Red Riding Hood was walking on that has all the moss on the tree trunks?

    ReplyDelete